[WikiEN-l] Non-commercial only and By Permission Only Images to be

Mike Finucane mike_finucane at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 27 02:43:06 UTC 2005

I was going to enrich Wikipedia with a whole bunch of my images, but
quite frankly, i dont want someone getting rich off my work.
As such, I was intending to add creative commons no commercial use tags.

Then I come across this note from you:

"All images which are for non-commercial only use and by permission only
> are not acceptable for Wikipedia and _will be deleted_.  We have
> tolerated them for some time..."

Well fear not; you wont have to tolerate any of my images.

I'm going to have to re-evaluate contributing to wikipedia if its based
on providing source material for commercial companies.

Feel free to explain WHY you have this policy; but I have to say your
explanation above wasnt very tactful or conducive to goodwill on my
part.