[WikiEN-l] Re: fonts for foreign language wikibooks

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:40:18 UTC 2005

"L S Lesser" <lsl45x at netzero.com> wrote in
message news:000401c5f24a$f27e6ac0$d10fec04 at oemcomputer...
> I have installed Latin-2 encoding, Arial Unicode MS, and Aruniupd.exe,
> and yet I cannot read many of the Croatian, Slovenian, Slovak, and
> Romanian characters on the wiki pages describing their languages and
> grammars.  [Ð, Ç, Š, etc.].  I run Windows ME and Internet Explorer
>  5.5.  I'd greatly appreciate some advice.  Thanks.

It would help a great deal if you could link to the precise pages which are
giving you trouble, so that we could check that the encoding is actually
correct.

In the meantime, you could do a lot worse than to seek out the "CODE2000"
font, which is free, download and install it, and tell your browser to use
it.

HTH HAND
--
Phil