[WikiEN-l] Re: How is validation supposed to work?

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sat Nov 26 21:37:24 UTC 2005

> The current plan is to gather the data and ... do nothing with it.

There are heaps of things we can do with rating data!

For example, we could generate regular lists of articles that haven't
been rated, ensuring that all articles eventually get a rating.

Then we could generate regular lists of articles with the lowest
ratings, allowing us to improve where we fare worst.

Then we could generate regular lists of articles with the highest
ratings, allowing us to find suitable featured-article candidates. Maybe
we'll find that with the validation feature the featured-article process
becomes redundant!

Then we could combine any of the above with categories, so users with
narrow interests can chip in, but confine themselves to their pet topic.

Last but not least, we could make it prepare tea! Well, maybe not.
Timwi