[WikiEN-l] Re: License problems in en.wikipedia.org?

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Fri Nov 25 14:41:08 UTC 2005

>>>>> "geni" == geni  <geniice at gmail.com> writes:

   geni> I think the German wikipedia tries to follow german law which
   geni> doesn't have much of an equiverlet of fair use.

A could be, I  don't know about that. Good point.

   >> What can be done? May the simplest solution would be to contact
   >> the artist (if he/she can be find) and ask for explicit
   >> permission.

   geni> You almost certianly won't get i.t

Well maybe this way the artist gets publicity for free!

   geni> What do you want to use it for?

To put in the German article about the same subject!