[WikiEN-l] Re: Suggestion for Category links

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:43:37 UTC 2005

"Jamie Bliss" <astronouth7303 at gmail.com> wrote
in message news:dm5mb8$8ls$1 at sea.gmane.org...
> Phil Boswell wrote:
>> [note cross-posting and prune as appropriate]
>> How difficult would it be to add <<title>> attributes to the Category
>> links which appear at the bottom of articles?
>> I was thinking it might be a good idea to have some way to display the
>> "sort key" without having to delve into edit mode, so I wondered if this
>> could be displayed as a "tool-tip" when hovering over the link, in the
>> same way as the destination article is shown for a regular wikilink. Is
>> this an idea which might be helpful, or am I getting punch-drunk after a
>> difficult day?
> Shouldn't it be the other way? Display the sort key in the page itself and
> put the real title in the title="" attribute (no humor intended).

No, because you want the set of categories to which the article belongs to
be instantly visible. You would also want it readily available for printing.

The "sort key" is a secondary attribute which can safely be left hidden
unless the viewer wants to see it, and is likely to be less relavant to a
printed version.
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]