[WikiEN-l] How is validation supposed to work?

Puddl Duk puddlduk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 02:48:43 UTC 2005

On 11/22/05, stevertigo <vertigosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Heck, let them
> > do it through an article
> > validation feature.
>
> Open question:
>
> * How is the validation feature supposed to work?
> * How is it to be refined?
> * How is the data to be used and processed?
> * How is such data going to be reinput to work on the
> wiki to produce results?
>
> SV

some predictions and some comments that relate to above;

1)  the current validate feature is a prototype design. Once it is
turned on it will be played with, improved, revised and redesigned
several times before being used for its intended purpose. Turning on
the feature will help this process move forward.

2)  Wikipedia needs a way to identify article versions that are high
quality and vetted, possible as part of a release system, or something
similiar. Reliability is one of our biggest problems. If we don't
address this someone else will. A validation feature if a good first
step.