[WikiEN-l] How is validation supposed to work?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Tue Nov 22 22:49:02 UTC 2005

stevertigo wrote:

> Open question:
> * How is the validation feature supposed to work?

Read:

[[m:Article validation feature]]
[[m:En validation topics]]
[[m:Article validation possible problems]]

> * How is it to be refined?
> * How is the data to be used and processed?

The current plan is to gather the data and ... do nothing with it. All
ratings will be visible, exactly as all edits are visible. Nothing will
be done with the numbers for now except a numerical average per revision ID.

The thing is that we don't know what shape the data will take, what
anticipated problems will eventuate, whether we actually *need* to
separate anon (reader) and logged-in (editor) votes, etc. So if we
gather the data *then* throw it at the researchers, etc., to work out
what it all means, we can then gather data in a more useful way.

> * How is such data going to be reinput to work on the
> wiki to produce results?

That's what we can't know until we see what shape the data takes.

- d.