[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Google Alert - Wikipedia

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 06:31:50 UTC 2005

On 11/22/05, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> still around). But I loved it since there was so much to do.

Me too. The fact that most of the articles were pretty rubbish is what
drew me in. Had I arrived to day, and looked at our quality articles I
would have probably thought (there is nohing I can add) and left.

 I don't think anybody, except maybe Jimbo, could have dreamed we
> would get so popular so fast, or so useful.

I didn't think it would be so fast, but I always knew we'd be a top
website. We've still a way to go before we peak. Until we stop growing
exponentially, we will continue to have a large number of crap
articles. However crap articles cry out to be improved and attract
more editors in o fix them which causes growth.

Theresa