[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Google Alert - Wikipedia

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Mon Nov 21 04:40:48 UTC 2005

On 20 Nov 2005 at 22:11, ABCD <en.abcd at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ... Wikimedia has emerged from the Wikipedia, the freely-available,
> > editable, open and collaborative online encyclopaedia set up by
> > Jimmy Wales. ... <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4450052.stm>

But just what did Jimmy mean by this statement:

"We are not talking about dissidents and being critical of the
Chinese government," he said, stressing that Wikipedia was about
having the tools to promote your culture.

Is Wikipedia (the Chinese version) censoring out any dissident or
government-critical views in the hopes of getting unblocked by the
Chinese (mainland) government?

--
== Dan ==