[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration Committee members granted checkuser tool

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Mon Nov 21 03:01:09 UTC 2005

On 20 Nov 2005 at 17:33, El C <el.ceeh at gmail.com> wrote:

>  You're welcome. I post with gmail, I don't usually write my posts in
>  it in
> case it crashes on refresh. I usually get the quotes mixed up, copying
> text from wordpad into gmail does strange things, apperently (this
> time with stars).

A few tips on keeping your replies well-organized so they don't turn
into tangled messes:

* Always leave a blank line between each section of quoted material
and each section of reply, so they don't run together and make it
hard to tell which is which.

* Trim down quoted material to the minimum needed to establish
context.  Snip out unnecessary parts, especially signature blocks and
list footers; there's no need to quote that stuff back.

* Put your answer after the question you are answering instead of
before; this is not the Jeopardy! game show.

--
== Dan ==