[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 22:11:16 UTC 2005

In general citation is aimed not for peppering articles with facts but
for giving specific and hopefully notable references.

In the question you've brought up, I would venture that careful
judgment is the best rule. An author who insists on trying to insert
his own work, which he believes disproves quantum mechanics but hasn't
been taken up much by the wider community, into articles relating to
quantum mechanics should probably be politely encouraged to stop.
(this example is based on an actual case, by the way) It becomes a
violation somewhere in between NOR and NPOV if done in that matter.

On the other hand, if the work is relevant, germane, and the intent is
not seen as overly problematic, I can see no problem with it.

FF