[WikiEN-l] Interpreting merge votes (was Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias)

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 20 01:59:02 UTC 2005

Sam Korn wrote:

> Merge and delete is not a possible vote. People should not have to
>
>vote in such a specific way to prevent vote-hijacking.

Sure it is.

*'''Merge''' [[Poisonous influences of fruit]] into [[Kumquat]] and
delete. Good content, but it doesn't stand alone well and it's at a
misleading title.

I just made that up but I can easily imagine a case where something like
this would be worth doing. As for whether it's "hijacking" a vote, I'm
not sure what you mean. If an article got one third "keep" votes, one
third unqualified "merge" votes, and one third "delete" votes, should it
be deleted or not?