[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias (was How didthis happen (comixpedia??))

Brandon Cordy b.touch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:10:06 UTC 2005

To interject (apoligies), sometimes there will be interesting information to
note, for example in a movie like [[Who Framed Roger Rabbit]], that doesn't
really belong anywhere except in a trivia section of some kind (the themes
and how they relate ot the real life streetcar vs. freeway controversy, the
Jessica Rabbit nudity controvery, that sort of thing. None of those deserve
their own section, but they can be grouped together in a trivia section.

As far as Wikipedia not being a fan site, of course it's not, but
unfortuntely many people think it is or feel that it is. That's why we have
endless coverage on Star Wars, Star Trek, and the Simpsons,and articles on
all the characters from Mariah Carey's "Glitter". AfD is flawed, because if
you suggest cutting any of this stuff down, merging, or whatever, little
Wikipedia cliques pop up and prevent anything from being done.

-b.