[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration Committee members granted checkuser tool

Matt Brown morven at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 07:36:34 UTC 2005

On 11/17/05, Jack Lynch <jack.i.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats not an ideal admin. My ideal admin has no experience being an
> admin on wikipedia, and need not be an editor. Instead, he would be
> someone paid to follow and enforce rules, not make them up as goes
> along.

It strikes me, Jack, that you would prefer that because you have
problems dealing with rules involving common sense and judgment and
can only deal with rules that you can, by logic, determine whether you
are doing a permitted thing.

I don't think Wikipedia should change to accomodate such a social
handicap, which is what this is.

-Matt