[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration Committee members granted checkuser tool

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Nov 18 02:07:43 UTC 2005

Jack Lynch wrote:

>Thats not an ideal admin. My ideal admin has no experience being an
>admin on wikipedia, and need not be an editor. Instead, he would be
>someone paid to follow and enforce rules, not make them up as goes
>along.

One of the underlying aspects of Wikipedia, however, is that it's a
consensus-driven model.  The rules *are* made up as we go along, and not
in any hard and fast manner.  An outsider would really have no business
enforcing rules, or be able to do so reasonably.  And it would be quite
contrary to the model of a user-built and user-governed encyclopedia
project.

-Mark