[WikiEN-l] Arb elections poll

steve v vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 22:22:09 UTC 2005

Well, I would say "preach on brother," but youve got to give us some specifics. Which Arbcom members - what issues. Dont generalize.

 Personally, I dislike the fact that Jimbo made those arbitrary appointments of relatively conservative members. But he justified them at the time that the Arbcom was shrinking, a "thankless job" and needed some membership -- who am I to argue with the founder's wisdom? I could say that in a wiki world, he could have called for a special election and had newly elected temporary members in a week. But again, who am I to argue?

 SV

Jack Lynch <jack.i.lynch at gmail.com> wrote: I am before the current ArbCom, and while I felt comfortable w every
other ArbCom we have had, Jimbo's recent appointees make me feel
unsafe, and dubious of justice, despite the overwhelming evidence
against my accuser. Something must be done, the status quo cannot
continue. No justice, no peace.

Jack (Sam Spade)