[WikiEN-l] Totally unscientific investigation...

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:57:00 UTC 2005

On 11/15/05, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/14/05, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Most
> > stuff that lands on afd is not implicetly verifiable.
> >

> Oh I dunno.   Looking at (randomly chosen recent day log) November 8,
> we have the following entries:
>
> Verifiable: 50-cent word, A. Y. Jackson Secondary School, Abdul Samad
> Maharuddin, Alan lennon, AMUST Registry cleaner, Andkon, Anphillia,
> Anvert, Appalachian State University Student Government Association,
> Arcanime, Archos Gmini XS202
>
> Unverifiable: A. Willis Abraham, Aadam Nasir, Afskum, Apples, Guns and
> Greed, Archipel
>
> I stopped after this, but I think you'll see my point.  Lots of
> entries on AfD are  verifiable.
>
> Incidentally I find one or two of the deletion nominations somewhat
> disturbing.  The "Archos Gmini XS202" nomination was accompanied by
> the statement "I've never heard of this mp3 player"  The only problem
> with the article was some unencyclopedic language.  The Alan lennon
> entry was apparently deleted merely because the performer has no entry
> on Allmusic.com, but this Kilkenny musician has played on a Kim Fowley
> album and recorded his own well received 2003 album and achieved
> endorsements by several musical instrument companies.
>
> Unless we're adopting an extremely exclusionist approach to Wikipedia
> entries, such articles don't really belong on AfD at all.  They seem
> to be a symptom of simple laziness on the part of the nominators.

Born Febuary 8th, 1977 in Dublin Ireland, Alan Lennon is an
instrumental guitarist. Playing since the age of 16 and after
attending the Ballyfermot Rock College in Dublin, Alan Lennon released
his first ablum, "Heaven's Call" in 2003. With the musical styles of
Jason Becker and Shawn Lane, while completely maintaining his own,
Alan Lennon creates vast amounts of energy and emotion in his first
album.

Currently Alan Lennon is in the studio working on his next album.

Alan Lennon's website

Neither the article, nor the AFD discussion stated much of the
reasoning you followed for this to be kept (only that the album
existed). If no one speaks up about things like this, how are we
supposed to know it's keepable. Not because it was referenced, that's
for sure...

--Mgm