[WikiEN-l] Re: Re: Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias (was Howdidthis happen (comixpedia??))

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 16:52:28 UTC 2005

"geni" <geniice at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f80608430511150832l7e4bf905vb81f7b7f6349610b at mail.gmail.com...
On 11/15/05, Phil Boswell
<phil.boswell at gmail.com> wrote:
[geni wrote this to which I then responded]
> > > My general answer to this one is that X in popular culture makes
> > > useful padding untill the the article isup to a reasonable size. After
> > > that it may be time for it to be culled.
> > I am almost shocked speechless.
> > Are you seriously suggesting that we should be deleting perfectly good
> > information simply because you think that a particular article has
> > reached
> > some threshold size which you consider "big enough"?
> > Does "Wikipedia is not paper" mean nothing to you?
> Does "the entire world does not have broadband" mean anything to you?
> Ok so 32 is probably a little low for an article size limit but 40+
> and popular culture/trivia are second on my list of things to kill
> (the first being random quotes about the subject wikiquote is thata
> way)

So factor it out into a separate article, rather than simply throw it away.
If there is sufficient information in [[X#X in popular culture]] to cause a
noticeable delay in loading the article, then maybe an article [[X in
popular culture]] should be created.

If the latter is not what you meant, then you might have phrased yourself a
little more carefully.
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]