[WikiEN-l] Fwd: FW: Billboard chart data licensing

Keith Old keithold at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:02:06 UTC 2005

That seems sensible to me. In the articles, they are facts about an artists
career. We might also want to put this information on the WP:MUSIC page so
as to develop a policy.

You could claim that they are US chart hits and leave it at that although
that raises verifiabuility problems. For old charts, you could possibly look
at using Cashbox charts as an alternative. Top 40 charts has a US chart
listing as well for more modern times. see (http://top40-charts.com/)

The other problem is what happens in other countries if their charts do the
same using Billboard as a precedent.

Regards

Keith Old

User:Capitalistroadster