[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias (was How didthis happen (comixpedia??))

Snowspinner Snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 16:46:00 UTC 2005

On Nov 15, 2005, at 11:32 AM, geni wrote:

> Does "the entire world does not have broadband" mean anything to you?
> Ok so 32 is probably a little low for an article size limit but 40+
> and popular culture/trivia are second on my list of things to kill
> (the first being random quotes about the subject wikiquote is thata
> way)

The popular culture sections are often magnets for irrelevant trivia,
but I wouldn't say they're in and of themselves bad. The "In modern
fiction" section of [[Succubus]], for instance, would probably not be
worse off for losing the bit about Sluggy Freelance and the game
series in which succubi are a "forgotten, yet remarkable foe."

Which is not to say that either topic is non-notable - just that they
are not really relevant to a general study of succubi.

You know what's a project we don't have that would be helpful?
Wikibibliography. A repository for things like "List of media with
succubi" or "List of songs over seven minutes in length" or "List of
books about the Vietnam War."

-Phil