[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias

Bob Mellish bob at mellish.org.uk
Tue Nov 15 16:28:03 UTC 2005

On 11/15/05, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:[...]

> The problem here is the degree of it. The assumption of bad faith that
> appears to be far too common on AFD has led to an expert being *driven
> off* Wikipedia by people who are not only proudly ignorant, but are
> doing their best to get anti-expert bias made policy and the way
> things work around here.

It's funny, but I quite often create "expert" articles on subjects I'd bet
that few wikipedians know about, or have even heard of (e.g.:<
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cauchy%27s_equation>). But I've yet to have one
listed on AFD because they are ignorant of the subject, and I'm in no danger
of being driven off. Perhaps there's more to the problem than just the
"proud ignorance" of AFDers.

Bob Mellish