[WikiEN-l] Re: Totally unscientific investigation...

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:40:45 UTC 2005

"Alphax (Wikipedia email)"
<alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:43798F2F.50707 at gmail.com...
> Tony Sidaway wrote:
> <snip>
> > Unless we're adopting an extremely exclusionist approach to Wikipedia
> > entries, such articles don't really belong on AfD at all.  They seem
> > to be a symptom of simple laziness on the part of the nominators.
> Yeah, it's all these damn kids who think that if they've never heard of
> something, it can't be important, but OH NOES! DON"T DELETE MY HIGH
> SCHOOL! :-P

I'm having difficulty discerning whether you're being ironic here, but
yes...that is basically what is happening.

Articles are being nominated purely on the basis of "nn = I never heard of
it" and heaven help the poor sod who attempts to interrupt the process
because the nominator might not have checked carefully enough.
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]