[WikiEN-l] Re: Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias (was How didthis happen (comixpedia??))

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:20:59 UTC 2005

"geni" <geniice at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f80608430511150500t6aaa9acjcb917f2fe5d7d4d2 at mail.gmail.com...
On 11/15/05, Alphax (Wikipedia email)
<alphasigmax at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As for the "X in popular culture" plague, I recently (well, a few weeks
> > ago) found one of these in one of the first article merges I did. I
> > understand that the information has to go *somewhere*; it's just a
> > matter of where... should every known appearance of railguns in ficiton
> > appear in the "railgun" article, or be spread out between the articles
> > on a dozen games, movies and books?
> My general answer to this one is that X in popular culture makes
> useful padding untill the the article isup to a reasonable size. After
> that it may be time for it to be culled.

I am almost shocked speechless.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should be deleting perfectly good
information simply because you think that a particular article has reached
some threshold size which you consider "big enough"?

Does "Wikipedia is not paper" mean nothing to you?
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]