[WikiEN-l] Fwd: FW: Billboard chart data licensing

Brandon Cordy b.touch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 04:09:13 UTC 2005

Hi, all. I'm a Wikipedia editor who uses the login "FuriousFreddy". There
were some questions raised over the legality of the inclusion of data from
the American Billboard music charts, since the company that owns Billboard
(VNU Media) claims copyright and ownership of the chart information. I sent
them an email several weeks ago...and they finally got back to answering it.

What does this mean for the Wikipedia music articles which include Billboard
charts?