[WikiEN-l] Status of article rating feature?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:52:19 UTC 2005

geni wrote:
>On 11/15/05, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Damn we need the rating feature. What's holding it up right now? List
>> please, referring to current version of code. (I know the servers are
>> creaking ...)

>Do you know if the softwear has been released yet? If not it could be
>a way to get it tested.

It's been in the MediaWiki code base for months and we've been
screaming for it to be switched on (see wikien-l in all that time).

I've directly asked on wikitech-l if there's some reason this feature
is *never* going in and if I should just stop bothering, and been told
that's not the case and that there are things that need fixing first.

But the original developer (Magnus Manske) *still* can't get any clear
list of what needs fixing for it to go in.

So. What's up with Special:Validate?

[cc to wikitech-l]

- d.