[WikiEN-l] Totally unscientific investigation...

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 12:36:37 UTC 2005

geni wrote:
>On 11/14/05, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Case where this happened really badly: webcomics. We now have a
>> project fork, Comixpedia, entirely caused by AFD. You may recall
>> extensive discussion surrounding this on this list a few weeks ago.

>You relise I don't view the existance of Comixpedia (other than their
>choice to use CC) as a bad thing. Wikipedia needs these subject
>specific spinoffs. I hope to see more of them.

They *should* be called WikiProjects, so they can keep the material in
Wikipedia where it's useful.

Are you honestly saying you think driving an expert off Wikipedia to
found a fork of the community, and the process by which it happened,
is *good*? Or are you saying the end justify the means - whatever it
takes to achieve a subject fork?

- d.