[WikiEN-l] Tower of Babel - Voting to ignore MoS, NCs for language reasons.

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 15 12:32:40 UTC 2005

Justin Cormack wrote

> I think it is an inevitable trend; there is
no reason now not to use local names and the world is becoming more
internationalized.

My question is, what makes WP look better (more professional,
better-informed, that sort of thing)?

For example, Mumbai.  English is an official language in India, no?  So we
can get the official English-language name by following the Indian
government.  This should be painless, and absolutely no reason to get bogged
down in side issues.

Charles