[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's provable anti-expertise bias (was How did this happen (comixpedia??))

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:53:55 UTC 2005

> Yep. AFD is one place where Larry Sanger's claim of blatant
> anti-expert bias is provably correct.
>
> So. Is Wikipedia's provable anti-expert bias here a good or bad thing?
> If bad, what to do about it? Please discuss.

Snowspinner, who does actually know a thing or two about webcomics,
has been practising some interventionism in webcomic article deletion
debates.   This kind of thing isn't for the faint of heart, because
usually it involved convincingly facing down a bunch of ignoramuses,
but he's had some success.

I have come around to the suggestion that I formerly felt rather wary
of: closing AfD at least for an experimental period, because of its
function in lending leverage to attempts to exclude whole subjects
from Wikipedia.  The current activities organised around AfD not good
for the long term health of the project, in my opinion.