[WikiEN-l] opinions

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 01:57:11 UTC 2005

On 11/15/05, Brown, Darin <Darin.Brown at enmu.edu> wrote:
> Geni said:
>
> >>You appear to think that respecting you means that I have to respect
> your opinions. This is not the case.
>
> You appear to think that respecting someone's opinions means you have to
> agree with their opinions. This is not the case. It is possible to disagree
> with someone's opinions and still respect their opinions. Saying that you
> respect someone, but you don't respect their opinions is just empty
> posturing.
>
> darin

That is your opinion. There are of course many opinions the majority
of the population don't respect. for example the opinion that starlin
was an all round good guy would not be widely respected. Once you move
away from the absolute position it simply becomes a question of where
to draw the line.

--
geni