[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration Committee members granted checkuser tool

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:02:46 UTC 2005

Chris Jenkinson

>I think this is largely irrelevant. If we aren't going to take the
>trouble to be careful when dealing with personal information, then no
>one should have access to it. Taking shortcuts on it is just foolish.

You mean, anyone who doesn't sign a legal document promising to pay a
notable penalty if the Foundation decides they've broken the privacy
policy should not be allowed access to the data? That sounds like a
great idea. We'll have an all-paid sysadmin team before you know it,
because every volunteer will get up and *leave*. Did that bit occur to
you?

- d.