[WikiEN-l] Blocking policy

ecemaml @ es.wikipedia ecemaml at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 07:22:54 UTC 2005

Hi all,

this is the first time I post a message here. I'm a legitimate user in
en.wikipedia and nowadays I'm currently blocked.

The messages I get are the following:

*Your IP address is 80.58.11.42 <http://80.58.11.42>. Please include this
address, along with your username, in any queries you make.*

Your user name or IP address has been
blocked<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Blocking_policy>by
Curps <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Curps>.

The reason given is:
*Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by
"NSMC58577107<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:NSMC58577107&action=edit>".
The reason given for NSMC58577107's block is: "user...".
*

 Furthermore, the block is infinite.

Although my main target is nowadays getting unblocked, what I'd like to know
is whether an administrator may not provide any means to get in contact with
him (he doesn't accept mail). Is it sensible to be an administrator and not
accepting mails?

Many thanks in advance

// ecemaml