[WikiEN-l] Deletionitis

Tom Cadden thomcadden at yahoo.ie
Mon Nov 14 00:44:02 UTC 2005

--- Travis Mason-Bushman <travis at gpsports-eng.com>
wrote:

> Yes sir, those fanatical deletionists are out to
> destroy the Wikipedia
> again. Those like-minded thugs are the definition of
> evil.
>
> There's an "ad-hoc" policy that every single school
> gets kept, thanks to
> "fanatical inclusionists" who as a "group of
> like-minded individuals can all
> en block vote" to keep them. "Then when someone
> comes along and says 'hey,
> this is ridiculous in this case' the chorus jumps up
> and says 'that's
> policy. We've kept 'x' number on these grounds. If
> you oppose this you are
> opposing policy'. Others then think that if it is
> policy it must have been
> defined and discussed somewhere, so they, even
> though it seems illogical,
> don't stand up to the block, meaning more and more
> articles get kept in
> effect by an ad hoc policy set by a few likeminded
> individuals who are
> always on the page voting."
>
> See how that works the other way too?
>
> -Travis Mason-Bushman
> FCYTravis @ en.wikipedia

No. Not at all. There is no policy. There is a group
of people who are engaging in mass deletions, not of
stuff worthy of deletion, but of often high quality
stuff on the basis of made up grounds which they
justify on the basis of past deletions which they
themselves masterminds. They usually do it without
even informing the creators of the work of their
proposed deletion and go ballistic if their
pseudo-policy is questioned. (Many of them do not then
even bother to fix the problems deletions cause but
leave it to others to inform people of proposed
deletions, to try to introduce some sanity into the
manner in which deletions are handled, and to repair
broken articles after the stuff has been deleted.

Thom