[WikiEN-l] Re: Arbitration Committee members granted checkuser tool

Jack Lynch jack.i.lynch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 17:43:00 UTC 2005

My concern is that the ArbCom is kind of in flux, w no clear future.
We have no way of knowing who will be appointed, or how. We can be
pretty sure that Jimbo, one of the wikipedians least involved in
editing, will be personally selection some arbiters at some times, as
he has done recently.

The concerns regarding his recent appointees may or may not be valid,
but I think this was_not_the_time to be giving out such powers w/o
community approval. We can trust developers w these abilities, because
we have to. We don't have to trust all arbiters, all the time,
forever, w these sort of real world powers.

Jack (Sam Spade)