[WikiEN-l] Arbitration Committee members granted checkuser tool

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 02:43:45 UTC 2005

> Seeing as there hasn't been much public discussion on this (at least on
> the English-language Wikipedia) I thought it would be a good idea to let
> you all know that Raul654, Fred Bauder, Kelly Martin, The Epopt and
> Jayjg have all been granted access to the checkuser tool[1] (the tool
> which allows for checking of sockpuppets by giving access to IP
> addresses, including those of signed-in Wikipedians).

My cents: I think this whole checkuser shit is totally re-tarded. It's
a grave violation of privacy. I have accounts on Wikipedia only
because I care about my anonymousity (otherwise I would edit as an
"anon"). I do NOT wan't someone to connect my contributions to my
identity. Especially not someone I don't know and who identifies
itself with a random and totally meaningless userid!

Dumb dumb dumb. Stupid stupid stupid.

--
mvh Björn