[WikiEN-l] Probation Committee

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sun Nov 13 01:18:58 UTC 2005

Never heard of it but it looks like a worthy effort.
[[Wikipedia:Probation]] provides that any administrator may enforce
probation. There are errors in their setup, for example the notion
that a banned users in on probation on their return (Not an
arbitration committee idea). I suggest everyone work with this and
make the most of it.

Violations of probation may be reported to
[[Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard]] but not every administrator
may be ready to deal with someone on probation despite having the
authority to do it. A specialized group could help. In fact,
demonstrated finesse in dealing with users on probation would make an
excellent recommendation for further responsibilities.

It is possible the arbitration committee would consider this group as
a resource if it turns out to be well organized and competent.

Fred