[WikiEN-l] People editing their own Wikipedia articles.

Jim Trodel trodel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 06:05:12 UTC 2005

I agree that having the subject of an article edit that article should be
avoided - unfortunately some of the wikipedians (including Mr Wales*) have
edited their own article so it sets a bad precedent. I would like to see
those that edit their own article encouraged to request the changes on the
talk page and allow others to make the changes.
 my 2 cents,
Jim
 * If you review the history you can see that nearly all of the edits I
refer to here were factual clarifications and clearly not imposing a
particular POV; however, we should strictly follow this guideline regardless
of the nature of the change (especially when it comes to describing the
history of wikipedia and other notable people who are either directly
associated or have made major contributions to wikipedia) in order to
provide a proper example.