[WikiEN-l] Voting is evil (was CheckUser policy)

Jack Lynch jack.i.lynch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 19:56:14 UTC 2005

I just want to mention that while I usually do not, in this case I
find myself agreeing w the 2 above arbiters, altho regarding mediation
I feel Kelly is spot on, that informal mediation works far better than
Mediation Commitee mediation, which often, in my experience, involves
nothing more than a link to a page where the 2 users are expected to
sort things out on their own, w no formal structure or assistance from
the mediation commitee.

We need MC reform as well as RFA reform as well as RFC reform as well
as AFD reform... pretty much all of the wikipedia name space process's
need work. Not to give too many pats on the back, but the system that
currently seems to be working best is ArbCom...

Jack (Sam Spade)