[WikiEN-l] Totally unscientific investigation...

kosebamse at gmx.net kosebamse at gmx.net
Tue Nov 8 18:39:31 UTC 2005

Thanks for the feedback. One interesting point with my little test seems to
be that the average quality of our content has not much improved since March
(or since 2003, as far as I can remember).

A thought experiment: if we were the editorial committee of an encyclopedia
to be written from scratch and were given Wikipedia's current content as a
basis (but not the user base), what would we do? I guess we would put our
energy into improving the material, i.e. rewriting/deleting/merging most of
it. But we would not try to acquire more articles of that quality. (Ah wait,
we ARE the editorial committee of an encyclopedia to be written from
scratch...)

Kosebamse