[WikiEN-l] Another Wikipedia Mention

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Nov 8 04:09:22 UTC 2005

>From the December _Linux Journal_:

Doc Searls wrote a sidebar about how Linux might just be aptly
described by the Swedish word "lagom", & because Swedish is
the mother language of Linus Tovalds (creator of Linux), he asked
Torvalds for his input.

Searls notes that Torvalds side-stepped his question, but did
offer the following sentence:

"And yes, it means 'just right', in the sense of 'not too much,
not too little'. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagom"

On one hand, I guess his mention shows that we must be doing
something right; despite all of the press, I was still surprised
to learn that he had heard of Wikipedia. But on the other hand,
I have to wonder whether he has contributed to any Wikipedia
articles. (My guess is that it would be to [[Powerpoint]].)

Geoff