[WikiEN-l] status correction

steve v vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 18:08:18 UTC 2005

> Geni is to be commended, not "suffer a penalty"!

Well, Geni seems like he's just a kid and I didnt mean
to pick on him. I would prefer to have just let the
issue go, but hes basically claiming that:

  'I dont need to give due attention or make
  intelligent discernments when I take upon myself
  enforcer duties -- I just need to robotically
  respond to requests on WP:AN/I and hope that people
  are equal in tattling on each other.'

Like you said 'the violations were minor' -- is this
all because I argued with an improper block, one which
Geni himself said was done improperly, and done under
"time constraints", and limited only to "reported
violations" (which was never in any 3RR draft that Ive
read/edited):

    I stand by my initial block under the 3RR. Yes I
    should have blocked the other party but it wasn't
    reported and due to time restriants I only cheak
    reported violations. I was contacterble by email
    for as long as the block lasted. Geni 10:08, 14
    August 2005 (UTC)

> You are an administrator and expected to more or
less > follow Wikipedia policies and if you can't or
won't
> ought to gracefully accept the consequences.

Well, sure -- the case system is, just like Geni's
inerpretation of the blocking system, means singling
people out. And even though there were other policy
violations, those can be overlooked because my lack of
"gracefulness" tips the scales in your view. I'll go
run and consult the Virgin. (Why not just add sarcasm
to the charges?)

> All good things must come to an end.

Yes, this open discussion about a matter to be decided
in private has gone on long enough. As with past
matters, I can only hope that my making a fool of
myself thusly has some broad and postive, though
perhaps embarrasing, effects.

Respectfully,
SV