[WikiEN-l] RFA is embarrassing

Martin Richards Martin at velocitymanager.com
Thu Nov 3 17:05:10 UTC 2005

I was going to post this on the RFA talk page, but quite frankly I don't
even want to go near it;

I am astonished at how bad this rfa process has become, it seems to be
constant arguing and point scoring contests. The present example being
Silsor's non-RFA, why can't people just let common sense guide them, and
then in the event this fails or they disagree just step back and bite their
tongue? We actually seem to have a mini revert war between admins (how
ironic) at the moment regarding the non-RFA! (removed or replaced 7 times).

Then of course there is the reasoning for opposing candidates, ecitcountitis
is bad, but we seem to be on the recovery from this ailment. Now some think
that below good use of edit summaries is actually reason to *oppose*! my
god! I thought it was "no big deal". Then there are the recent cases (that I
couldnt be bothered to follow properly) where people were left very
distressed after their ordeal (and I think "ordeal" is the correct term for
the rfa now). There is more but I can't be bothered to read long rants so
don't expect you to either.

regards

Martin (Bluemoose)