[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia & Original Research

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:13:17 UTC 2005

Well, the thing is that your photos weren't "intended to make a
specific point". If you took pictures of a piece of trash in Crater
Lake, and posted it on the article page with a caption along the lines
of "In recent years, Crater Lake has become full of trash", that would
be an illustration of what he was talking about.

In the end, though, I don't see any necessary reaction to this except
our normal enforcement of NPOV and maybe a little good judgment. It
doesn't take an art historian to know that images can be inherently
manipulative.

FF