[WikiEN-l] Shock site bot

Peter Mackay peter.mackay at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 3 02:05:51 UTC 2005

There's something about this message that doesn't quite ring true to me (and
no, it's not the Nigerian spelling), but in case it's genuine, it doesn't
seem to be much of a threat - anything like this is going to be noticed very
quickly, the IP address swiftly blocked, and the pages repaired.

In case it is somehow programmed to be resistant to our normal defence
measures, then maybe we could have a white-hat robot searching for the links
inserted by the black-hat and reverting them.

Peter (Skyring)