[WikiEN-l] status correction

steve v vertigosteve at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 03:01:39 UTC 2005

--- "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:
> I sympathize with this POV for two reasons:
>
> 1. Because Steve was recently taken down a peg (he
> lost his sysop
> rights) but he STILL is contributing to the
> encyclopedia and trying to
> find ways to improve the community.

I have not "lost [my] sysop rights." Anthere
(properly) acted to remove my sysop rights on a
request (a premature and perhaps partisan one) after
the "vote was closed." I had my "RFA" reopened because
I thought it should benefit from my input. Hence
Anthere's decision to desysop was neutral, and the
decision to not immediately resysop was nominal one,
and one that I did not object to while the RFA
continued.

The RFA failed to find consensus to desysop, and more
correctly it rejected the Arbcom's use of the RFA (and
its 70% threshold) to render a decision which it
(admittedly) could not come to --"deadlocked" case,
etc. Though I could have waited, I have asked Anthere
to restore my sysop status per the "unsuccessful
de-RFA  aka my "successful RFA", aka the "remand
decision."

Sincerely,
SV