Article creation (was Re: [WikiEN-l] More fodder for youreditcountitis)

charles matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 1 13:59:39 UTC 2005

Neil Harris wrote

> How about the much simpler approach of restricting page creation to
> logged-in users?

No, no and three times no!

Do we want people to try test edits of [[World War II]] rather than creating
[[pancakesMMM!!!]] as a sandbox/test edit.  No we don't.

I find that many anons are graduate students very much able to help with
developing WP.  We need these guys!  We need them to understand that 'libre
et gratuit', as the French helpfully put it, is exactly that.  We ask no
more than that you come and edit; we put no barriers in place; we are
geniunely open to business to IP numbers.  We want people's toes in the
water and don't put up signs saying 'Private Beach'.

Charles