[WikiEN-l] Re: Article creation

Martin Richards Martin at velocitymanager.com
Tue Nov 1 13:54:55 UTC 2005

David wrote:
> Sounds plausible. What are the numbers on the problem? What percentage
> of anon page creations are shoot-on-sight?

I was only talking about the general principle, but yeah Neil's idea is
probably better,

David, this is an extract from my user page (it isn't particularly
interesting at the moment, I keep meaning to do more samples, but it's
better than nothing);
I selected 4 random pages of 50 newpages, then deleted what was obviously
speedy deletable, here are the statistics;

  a.. 200 new articles total.
  b.. 89 were from anonymous IP users.
  c.. 41 anonymous IP articles were deleted.
  d.. 0 registered articles were deleted.
21% of all new articles were easily deletable (all from anonymous users),
46% of all IP user articles were deleted.

Note 1: More of the anonymous IP user's articles could have been deleted,
but not strictly under the speedy deletion criteria, and they will
eventually be deleted through AFD or edited to remove all the original
content anyway. Some registered users articles will probably suffer the same
fate, although none met the speedy delete criteria.

Note 2: 200 articles isn't a very big sample, but it is probably enough to
be representative.

Note 3: There could have also been other admins deleting articles, so it is
possible that an even greater proportion of them were speedy deletable.