[WikiEN-l] More fodder for your editcountitis

Martin Richards Martin at velocitymanager.com
Tue Nov 1 13:05:12 UTC 2005

> Go do [[Special:Newpages]] patrol some time. (Sunday afternoon and
> evening US time are "good" for this.)  MY GOD, THE AVALANCHES OF CRAP!
> I can fully believe we have ~2000 shoot-on-sight new page creations a
> day.

I have been looking at this for a while now, something that is clear is that
virtually all (as in ~95%) of the deleted articles (especially speedies) are
from anonymous users, and a lot of which aren't tests, but plain old
vandalism. I really think we need some kind of "votes for creation" or
"approved creation" or something, maybe not soon as there are still vast
quantities of topics we don't cover (see [[Wikipedia:Wikiproject Missing
encyclopedic articles]] for ~150,000 examples), but maybe a in year or so
from now I dont think we will have much choice.

Martin