[WikiEN-l] minor issue, but still a npov warning

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Sat Jan 15 02:03:47 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:

> Cassini Huygens is today the most updated article on the net.
> Congratulations.
>
> ------
>
> This said, just a comment.
>
> During months, the Cassini-Huygens mission was only on ONE article,
> called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassini-Huygens.

I think you're working a bit too hard to find bias here. The
Huygens probe had 1/2 of the original article created 2.5 years
ago, and sizewise would have been fine to split even then, but
somehow not one of 600+ million Europeans could be bothered
to make the split, or to propose it on the talk page.

The "bias" is that we work on what interests us. I've been
digging figures of European history out of 1911EB lately,
and half the time it's the first information about these
in any language WP. We're just perennially short of people
to do all the things we would like to get done.

Stan