[WikiEN-l] Confirmations of permission

Nick Boalch n.g.boalch at durham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 31 18:40:44 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Having this information available to all admins would likely not be any
> more secure than having it available.  Being sensitive to privacy issues
> has never been a criterion for becoming an admin.  On the other hand
> leaving this with one person could leave him overwhelmed once things
> start working properly.  Putting this through a committee of stewards
> and bureaucrats could make more practical sense.

What we seem to be building towards is the idea of a central repository
for confirmations of permission, managed by one or more responsible
individuals at or on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation. This sounds to
me like the most sensible solution.

Cheers,

N.

--
Nicholas Boalch
School of Modern Languages & Cultures       Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 3420