[WikiEN-l] Unauthorized deletion of images

Leif Knutsen vyerllc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 01:14:38 UTC 2005

>But don't do this if they were validly deleted.
>
>If you claim to have permission, I can imagine two reasons why the
>images would have been deleted:
>1) The permission was not verified (this is up to the uploader)
>2) The images were with-permission only. As of a mailing list post a
>few weeks ago from Jimbo
>(http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2005-May/023760.html),
>images that are used on WP with permission but do not fall under any
>other category may be deleted.

OR - someone violated the policy because they had a point of view on the
issue and found these facts rather inconvenient.

These were uploaded prior to Jimbo's email on the issue.

Still, they were put forward for deletion because those who wanted it
deleted complained that permission hadn't been obtained. If there was
another reason for it, that should have been raised as the reason. I can't
even find the archives of the discussion.

Can someone please find out who deleted them? I would like to file for the
appropriate sanctions against the individuals. If I simply upload them
again, they are sure to be deleted as a result of Jimbo's policy.